Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Comments on Classmates' Blogs

In class, we have been discussing experimental research.  I felt that Greg’s blog has a great example of experimental research.  It talks about how the Oregon football team does not have the best reputation.   The goal of the research would be to see if giving out free articles of clothing would make a difference in attendance at the games.  Greg goes into good detail about what the timeline of the experiment will look like.  He shows what the experimental group and control group would be.  Greg really laid out, in detail, the full experiment.
When I was reading James’ blog I was interested in the hypothesis stated by the study he discussed.  The hypothesis stated, “that students would be more prone to believe a story if it had a multimedia aspect to it.  These multimedia aspects could be anything, a video or a picture online.  This seems to be a very interesting study.  I feel that this hypothesis is true.  Students look up everything online.  As I have stated in my blog, the internet has become a way of life.
Both of these blogs involved experimental research which were studying the habits of students.  The two topics were very interesting to be because the two topics were different but had the same target audience, college students.  I found both blogs interesting and insightful.    

No comments:

Post a Comment